[CF-Devel] Re: New developer:dweeves

bca at magellan.fpms.ac.be bca at magellan.fpms.ac.be
Fri Mar 9 06:02:05 CST 2001

On 8 Mar 2001, at 12:06,

     crossfire-devel-request at lists

      wrote:

Message: 9
From: "Sebastien Bracquemont" <

     dweeves at hotmail.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 17:26:27
Subject: [CF-Devel] New Developer

Hi,

I'm Sebastien Bracquemont , i'm french.

I had a project for doing a Generic ,Web technology Based ,Rogue
Like
with pluggable data representation. (2D,Isometric , "Dungeon
Master"
pseudo 3D)

I was contacted by Michael Toennies to do some graphics but my
real
skills are in the Software Engeneering Domain.(even if i can indeed
do
some graphics)

So, i proposed Michael to help you on CF ,by doing a Java Based
Client.

By now, the main need is to do a efficient and complete Map Editor.

I Accept the challenge to do it in Java.

I've got several interesting propositions for both the Server,The
Client and the Protocol.

I think one of the biggest lack on this project is a really well done
architecture description document (with a lot of figures explaining
the role of each logical component (maps, tiles, server ,client , data
flows))

I think it will help everybody to have it (me first).

By then , i think i can help you concerning modelization issues.

For the Editor, i did download the CF Java editor and the client.

I'll work as often as i can on this very good project.

See ya Soon.

Sebastien.

My note isn't strictly about CF but rather about how to make and
keep the development of the Java client as clear and
understandable as possible. I presently use Together Control
Center to build Java programs with good documentation. It is a tool
letting to develop your application in a top-down fashion using UML
diagrams. It allow also reverse engineerng so you can take your
source code, import it into Together and let it generate class
diagrams. It build automatically the program and its associated
documentation using Javadoc or other built-in generators. It is fully
customizable and free (in fact partially but Fully free for academic
people(me)). You can download it at togethersoft.com It work also
with CVS.

Callebaut Benoît
E-mail :