[CF-Devel] BUG: arena changes speed_left to -inf

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Mar 15 22:07:18 CST 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      > If player A pulls the lever on the area (after bets are placed - on the

      > space where the only thing you can do is pull the lever), the gate for

      > the opposing player drops.

      This is simply not true. The levers are connected to the gates

      *in front of* the players there. Having no effect on the opponent's gate.

 I looked at the map, and you are correct.  But the behaviour I describe did
happen to me.  And this was done by running 2 clients at the same time, not
through a theoretical approach.

 I wonder if I got my windows mixed up, because I just tried it now, and it does
work.

 However, there is still a potential problem in that one player (the first to
pull the lever and move) can get stuck if the other player never enters the
arena (say quits the game, his connection dies, etc).  But I'm going to send out
another message on that.

      > The more I play with the map, the more ways for players to get trapped/

      > screwed up.  If there is only one player in the room where you pay for

      > participation and he pays?  He's trapped in there, because the gate to

      that

      > room closes behind him.

      There is a break-away wall to get in/out when the spikes are closed. Should

      be quite easy to spot I thought.

 Yeah - I didn't look as hard as I should have.  OTOH, if that is there, whats
really the point of the gate closing behing then?  Dramatic effect?

      2) One player bails out with word of recall during the enter-mechanism.

         (And the other player doesn't have WoR).

         I can't insert no_spell objects, since then the players can't escape

         when it is really neccessary (either due to 1) or server crash).

 Note that doesn't really help if the trapped player doesn't have word of recall
anyways.