[CF-Devel] more client issues

Preston Crow crow at bear.cs.dartmouth.edu
Wed Mar 21 13:48:18 CST 2001

These are issues I have noticed with the GTK client.  They may also
apply to other clients; I haven't checked.

Inventory Jumping:

When you have more items than fit on the screen at a time (i.e., the scroll
bar is there), sometimes using an item will cause the inventory to jump to
a different place on the scroll bar.  I see this a lot with locking and
unlocking containers (especially if I have several identical sacks of
holding, for example).

Pickup Problems:

Sometimes when there are several items on the ground and I right click on
one, I don't pick it up.  Often I have to double-right click to get it to
pick up.

Size Problems:

Sometimes the client gets confused and sets the scroll bar to let you
scroll past the end of the inventory.  The last item may leave a few random
lines of pixels as it scrolls up past the bottom.  I've also seen it not
put a scroll bar even when not all items are displayed.  I'm not sure how
to recreate this.

Width Annoyance:

I find it annoying that when I resize the inventory window to make it
wider, it is the weight field that gets wider.  The weight field should
stay a fixed size (like the icond field), so that the name field gets
wider.  In a perfect world, when resizing the entire window, the dialog
window and the inventory window would each get half of the width
adjustment; I'm not clear on how difficult that is to implement in GTK.

--PC