[CF-Devel] Compile problems

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Mar 29 02:00:38 CST 2001

I've checked in the followinng change (among some others):

configure, configure.in, include/autoconf.h, includes.h: add check for
   time.h and include it if we find it.

 I'm not sure what check is doing the more complex checks for time.h and
sys/time.h compatibility.  But I've added a check so that it will only include
time.h if that is safe to include with sys/time.h

"H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:01:38PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      >  The crossfire configure scripts looks for sys/time.h, and if it finds it,

      > includes it (this is done in include/includes.h)  This seems to work on most all

      > systems.

      >  Now if gnu/linux only has a include/time.h and not a include/sys/time.h, that

      > would be the cause of the problem.  It is actually fairly easy to modify the

      > configure and include/includes.h file to deal with this properly.  I would just

      > like for this to be confirmed and not just that configure for whatever reason

      > did not properly detect the sys/time.h file.

      [snip]

      Actually, Linux (at least as configured on my system) has *both*

      include/time.h and include/sys/time.h, and they are actually *different*.

      For example, include/sys/time.h does not define struct tm (which is the

      cause of the problem), but include/time.h does.

      I notice there's a flag in the code to the effect of, "safe to include

      both time.h and sys/time.h" -- ./configure detects that it is safe on my

      system, but for whatever reason only includes sys/time.h when actually

      compiling the program. Perhaps this can be modified?

      P.S. no need to Cc: me in replies, I'm on the list.

      --

      "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring them all

      and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where the shadows

      lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com