[CF-Devel] Compile problems

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.yi.org
Wed Mar 28 09:39:34 CST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:01:38PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

       The crossfire configure scripts looks for sys/time.h, and if it finds it,

      includes it (this is done in include/includes.h)  This seems to work on most all

      systems.

       Now if gnu/linux only has a include/time.h and not a include/sys/time.h, that

      would be the cause of the problem.  It is actually fairly easy to modify the

      configure and include/includes.h file to deal with this properly.  I would just

      like for this to be confirmed and not just that configure for whatever reason

      did not properly detect the sys/time.h file.

     [snip]

Actually, Linux (at least as configured on my system) has *both*
include/time.h and include/sys/time.h, and they are actually *different*.
For example, include/sys/time.h does not define struct tm (which is the
cause of the problem), but include/time.h does.

I notice there's a flag in the code to the effect of, "safe to include
both time.h and sys/time.h" -- ./configure detects that it is safe on my
system, but for whatever reason only includes sys/time.h when actually
compiling the program. Perhaps this can be modified?

P.S. no need to Cc: me in replies, I'm on the list.

--
"One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring them all
and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where the shadows