[cf-admin] How stable is 1.0?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu May 24 23:23:07 CDT 2001

Olle Viksten wrote:

      I'm contemplating setting up a crossfire server at my server. What I need to

      know is how stable is the latest release? I can't take any chance that the

      crossfire will take down the whole server. And can anyone make an educated

      guess on how much traffic a crossfire server will generate?

 I have yet to here time the crossfire server has crashed the entire server
machine.  I'm presuming you are running on unix - if running under windows, then
a lot depends on how good that OS is.

 the server process does periodically crash, but doesn't take anything else down
with it.

 As for bandwidth - a lot depends on number of players.  More players obvioiusly
equals more bandwidth.  I don't think we have any really good numbers right now,
but hopefully with the improved reporting capabilities to the metaserver that I
just added to CVS, some better numbers can be determined.