[cf-admin] How stable is 1.0?

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri May 25 01:49:50 CDT 2001

Quoting Mark Wedel (

     mwedel at scruz.net

     ):

      Olle Viksten wrote:

      > I'm contemplating setting up a crossfire server at my server. What I need to

      > know is how stable is the latest release? I can't take any chance that the

      > crossfire will take down the whole server. And can anyone make an educated

      > guess on how much traffic a crossfire server will generate?

As far as bandwidth, I can tell you this.

Using MRTG and sampling metalforge port switch every 5 minutes.

I get this:

Max in: 5774.0 B/s
Max out: 1840.0 B/s

Average  In: 591.0 B/s
Average  Out: 307.0 B/s

Metalforge is not all that popular, but the network utilization is trivial.

For comparision, continuum (a netrek server)

Max  In: 36.1 kB/s
Max  Out: 12.5 kB/s

Average  In: 16.6 kB/s
Average  Out: 5876.0 B/s

Again, significantly more, but also trivial.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     http://www.mn-linux.org