[CF-Devel] Adding stuff right now..

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Tue May 1 02:48:45 CDT 2001

No, only archetypes are being added (including the graphics for them).
Peterm has not made any significant code changes, nor has anyone in quite
awhile. Nor have any maps changes been made, if you want to fiddle with
the archetypes feel free.. but I suggest we avoid controversial ones just
for now.

Peterm, I think god power resistance is a fair enough addition, but now is
not the time to add it. Perhaps just leave it out for now, add an extra
grace regen or something, but so close to a release I don't think we want
any unbalancing items. On the other hand, every ring you have added
excepting the god power is very clever and I would say people aren't
giving you the credit you deserve in that respect. It is quite hard to
think up such items (as I learnt with the cloaks).

Another flip of the coin, I have quite abit if trouble believing you can
even get the WDSM without cheating in some way. Level 125 monsters with
meteor swarm? Monsters immune to everything excepting one thing?  Monsters
hidden underground that kill you in one hit, in a no magic zone? I don't
know, I feel those maps are way to hard anyway but that is my own opinion
and tends to be of little worth.

dnh