[CF-Devel] The answer to ON/OFF attacktype protection!

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue May 1 23:03:27 CDT 2001

       Reasonable ideas.  Perhaps somehow mark those objects so that at least when

      player goes to get saved, it won't save all those marking objects.  Or

      alternatively, give them some speed and have them expire automatically.

Yes, an expiring force was what I had in mind.  How long the force
lasts can depend on the strength of the resistance.

      expiration you are automatically immune to, but if you don't kill that skull

      within that hundred ticks, he could hit you again.

Yes, exactly.  For paralyze it can be 100 ticks.  For Face of Death or Peace
it can be 1000, or more.

       I could also see some odd abuses - players wondering into area of paralyze b

      not on a direct diagonal to get this immunity, and such that even if they fai

      they won't get clobbered by bolt spells.

      that first saving throw, youu are likely to be toast if youu are in direct li

      of fire.

Yes, players could certainly learn to work this system to some degree
but it offers the possibility of significant improvement.

The duration of the temporary protection could depend on the player's
resistance.

PeterM