[CF-Devel] Wrapping AC is real.

Jochen Suckfuell crossfire at suckfuell.net
Fri May 11 01:12:19 CDT 2001

On 10-May-2001 Peter Mardahl wrote:

      The net effect of the wrapping AC is to make my very highly armoured

      character completely vulnerable.

     I get this effect all the time when I use many holy possessions. It also
affects wc. At some point it showed my usual wc and ac (i.e. what I have
without holy possession), but I still hit high level monsters. So I'm not sure
that this wrapping effect makes you vulnerable.

If it was a real overflow, further holy possessions would lower the wc/ac
further, but they don't. So I guess the server handles it correctly, but maybe
the client has only 8 bits for it?

Bye
Jochen

--