[CF-Devel] devourers

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun May 13 17:15:16 CDT 2001

 I got to thinking about this (the fact if you worship the devourers, you become
undead).  And from a stylistic/realistic point of view, I got to thinking about
this.

 First, I would think that if you became undead, you should lose most of your
normal racial abilities.  After all, your not really that race anymore are you
(unless your playing a wraith).

 And from a storytelling point of view, exactly how does that transformation
take place?  Is it some ritual you do when you become a follower of the
devourers?  And if so, is it really a reversible process?

 You don't suddenly become a dwarf once you follow Mostrai.

 This is not really a big deal however we do it.  But I was just thinking about
it, and perhaps becoming a follower of the devourers should be a permanent
commitment, at least as far as being undead is concerned.