[CF-Devel] Data to enlighten the armour maximum argument

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun May 13 18:53:20 CDT 2001

      I wasn't aware that Str adjusted the wc of monsters.

      As for ac, I took it from the client, which said the

      target dummy player had an ac of 2.

That's a good point. I suspect STR for monsters does
nothing. Likewise WIS, CON and POW do completely
different things than all mapmakers assumed.
Stats do *not* work for monsters like they do for
players. According to "crossfire.doc":

"Pow <number>": If the creature can cast spells, this is how many spell
points are regenerated each move.

"Con <number>": Monsters regenerate this many hit points each move.
This is each time the monster has a move (same for Pow). So two monsters
with the same Con can regenerate at different rates if their speeds
are different.

"Wis <number>": Determines how close a player needs to be before the
creature wakes up.

Is this really intended actually? Why are all monsters designed under
the assumption that stats work for monsters just like for players.
This is weird.

Andreas V.