[CF-Devel] Crossfire standard text DRAFT

Mike Ponicki sniper at citilink.com
Thu May 17 11:45:08 CDT 2001

yeah, I guess you're right, as long as we say "windows" the rest should be
more specific (unix and X)

-Sniper

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Mike Ponicki wrote:

      > I know saying it can be played under "linux" is vague, but I think saying

      > "X11" will go right over the heads of the majority of gamers (which are,

      > by and large, windows users and have never heard of X), and those are

      > really the people we should really be after if we want Crossfire to ever

      > get popular.

       Presumably, those windows users will see 'runs under windows', and not care

      much about after that.

       I really dislike just saying linux.  If anything, it should be

       .. runs under unix with X windowing system.

       thats much more accurate.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com