[CF-Devel] Crossfire standard text DRAFT

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu May 17 00:52:14 CDT 2001

Mike Ponicki wrote:

      I know saying it can be played under "linux" is vague, but I think saying

      "X11" will go right over the heads of the majority of gamers (which are,

      by and large, windows users and have never heard of X), and those are

      really the people we should really be after if we want Crossfire to ever

      get popular.

 Presumably, those windows users will see 'runs under windows', and not care
much about after that.

 I really dislike just saying linux.  If anything, it should be

 .. runs under unix with X windowing system.

 thats much more accurate.