[CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects

Mike Ponicki sniper at citilink.com
Thu May 17 12:28:15 CDT 2001

       Would using isomorphic view actually require any real change in the server side

      stuff?

       OTOH, if support for both iso and tile format, we're back to the same complaint

      we have now - more than one format to draw for when adding new objects.

On the technical side, if we move all (or as much as possible) game
content to the client side, this wouldn't be an issue- the client can
choose to render the game any way he/she chooses. But as for the creative
side (which I think is what you were referring to), it would be a lot more
work to have to keep two or more tilesets updated with new objects.

This is a big off subject, but from a technical standpoint, couldn't we
even do some sort of opengl renderer, and use polygonal tile sets? This
would be in the far future probably, but would it in concept be any
different than using, say, isomorphic rendering?

-Sniper

     sniper at citilink.com