[CF-Devel] SERIOUS problems with anim/mina

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat May 19 21:35:59 CDT 2001

I have made a massive new monster called the 'Dark Gryphon'. it is a 3 x 3
animal with physical attack that moves very fast. My problem is this, when
I run crossfire frames 171 and 111 throught to 174 and 114 + 371 and 311
to 374 and 314 are not animating. All the other tiles are updating
properly but these ones seem to remain tile 111. There is no easy way for
me to explain this, and I am considering putting what I have done in (all
the images are finished as is the .arc). It isn't working but I can't see
ANY error in either the images or the .arc file.

Anyone got any ideas? I have noticed some problems with the animation code
in the past but I think I may have hit something major here. There is an
aweful lot of work behind this monster and I would like to see it get in
(as I hope do others...).

A sample of the monster can be found at:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/monsters/gryphons/gryphon_black.111.png

dnh

ps. If I leave it with only one facing it works perfectly well, its only
the two facing version that is screwed.. perhaps I should put all the
images, but just have one facing in the .arc so people can test for
themselves but the image will work on the servers?