[CF-Devel] Crossfire Scripting Language, version 1.0.0b8

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sun May 20 18:55:27 CDT 2001

We test the script stuff and all what i can say its:
Include it ASAP.

You will not want miss it after 5 minutes playing with it.

** It boost the CF game play on a higher level **
This will add all the stuff we miss in our game.

There is some discussion about the syntax and how hard it is
to include it.

Well, the point is: every powerful script language is more complex.

With the GUILE stuff, we will not run in the case we have not enough power.
AND this language will grow up. We will see it in MANY other applications -
means there will be many people knowing it out and there will be many
docs.

Also - the work is done. The shit is working. Is really one here which want
wrote
a own language? I will not... Or one knows a better language which he can
include ASAP?
i don't know them...

We had other things to do as develope the wheel again.
Lets put it in ASAP.

If one had not a good, a very good reason to include it not, then check this
in CVS.

We will want/need scripting yet, lets test it hard!
The players are still able to crash the server (5 times the damn since
friday), so some
more potential crashes through scripts will not change anything.

Lets play around what can be done.

And we need some knowledge about performance - where my opinion is that we
will not has a
performance hole. The scripts are not used in every action a player invoke.

      This is the latest version of the crossfire scripting language.

      What's new with version b8:

      - Simple error handling: Now crossfire doesn't crash anymore when

      you make a

      syntax error.

      - Embedded scripts: you can now put the script code inside your objects.

      Please read the README_SCRIPTS for more details.

      Chachkoff Y.