[CF-Devel] Crossfire Scripting Language, version 1.0.0b8

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 21 00:25:35 CDT 2001

I have not yet tested it, but I find the writer's arguments in
favor of Guile persuasive.

I also do not think that using guile is "overkill".  I would
rather include a powerful scripting language that someone else
maintains than reinvent one of our own which we have to add
every feature to.

If we can resolve the issues Mark raised with this guile implementation,
I think we should go ahead with it.

I personally would have preferred python, but the author of the guile
scripting says python wasn't convenient, and in the absense of my
own attempt, I'm inclined to accept his word on it.

Regards,

PeterM