[CF-Devel] Crossfire Scripting Language, version 1.0.0b8

gros yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Mon May 21 06:08:37 CDT 2001

Le Dimanche 20 Mai 2001 19:55, vous avez écrit :

      We test the script stuff and all what i can say its:

      Include it ASAP.

      We will want/need scripting yet, lets test it hard!

      The players are still able to crash the server (5 times the damn since

      friday), so some

      more potential crashes through scripts will not change anything.

     Mmmm... I consider potential crashes through scripts to be a problem - that's
why I wanted intensive testing/bug tracking. I do not want crossfire to
become more unstable than it is now just because of scripts, badly written or
not.

      Lets play around what can be done.

      And we need some knowledge about performance - where my opinion is that we

      will not has a

      performance hole. The scripts are not used in every action a player invoke.

     True. But there may be a performance loss when many players are running many
scripts. If this really become a problem, I'll implement some limit (I
thought of something like a maximum number of crossfire instructions that can
be executed in a script).

MiDS also said you had a problem with the Broadsword of Scripting - can you
tell me more about this ?

Chachkoff Y.