[CF-Devel] Metaserver feature request

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Mon May 21 18:54:45 CDT 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 04:13:17PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      On Mon, 21 May 2001, Joris Bontje wrote:

      > I can adjust my metaserver graph program very easily to log the datatraffic of ALL the servers.

      > Two things on the server side should be done:

      > 1) Let the metaserver accept 2 extra fields (bytes in and bytes out).

      > 2) Let the server send on every metaserver update those 2 fields.

       This can probably get done pretty easily.

      <no problem for the unix client>

       Since metaserver updates don't necessarily happen in sync with CSSTAT

      updates, this would probably be cumulative total if inbytes/outbytes.

      Is that the data you wanted, or did you want elapsed byte counts?

Cumulative totals would be best, thats what most traffic analysers eat; if
some updates get lost the data can be interpolated.

Joris Bontje / MiDS