[Re: [CF-Devel] Future of Crossfire]

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue May 22 12:54:26 CDT 2001

      ** I had all this included in the dx client! **

Unfortunately, MT, the crossfire developers are very heavy
on the Linux side of things.

I, for example, never boot into windows so I cannot
appreciate your work.

I was glad to help you with the spell descriptions
though.

PeterM

      GOD DAMN i had drawed all this fucked 200 spell icons,

      a ONE BIG menu which list all spells and all pathes,

      which gives a short description of what the spell do

      (thx for peterm here too).

      You see wizard spell left, priest spells right.

      - You can BROWSE this menu.

      - You can GRAP icons from it. You can put the spells

        in a short cut panel (where you can see the icons and select them).

      - All spells have a ! 2 key combo" which can invoke or cast it!

        means -

                 "open invoke menu key" + "2" + "b" = "invoke small lightning"

                 "open invoke menu key" + "2" + "B" = "invoke forked lightning"

                 "open cast menu key" + "2" + "b" = "cast forked lightning"

      and so on...

      I had asked in the list in the past to submit the descripton/icons/positions

      of the spell in this kind of menu from server like you got faces.

      Then you will see only the spells you REALLY know ...

      And when spells changes with server versions, the server can update the

      clients.

      Well...

      very very sad

      Michael