[CF-Devel] Metaserver idle time

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Tue May 22 14:02:24 CDT 2001

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Isak Styf wrote:

      Hi!

      I am currently doing some polishing to incorporate the metaserver

      functionality into the java client.

      I just want to know, what exactly is the idle time a measurement of?

 Idle time is a measure of how many seconds it has been since the
metaserver has last received an update notification from the cf server.

 The server only sends an update once every 5 minutes, so anything less
than that on the idle time should be taken to mean the server is up.

 Anything more than 10-15 minutes means the server is probably down right
now, but if still being provided, this indicates it may be a temporary
problem.