[CF-Devel] Re: Alchemy

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue May 22 23:16:56 CDT 2001

      > 2) Knowledge of the formula could be required or increase chances of

      >    actual creating products.  In this way, its still desirable for

      >    new characters to learn this information, even if the player has

      >    all the formula information (either by looking at file or just starting

      >    a new character)

      I believe the Fire Temple already has the infrastructure for this in place

      -- although you learn about the ingredients for making fire resistance

      potions, it's not until the very end that you get a message telling you

      that you finally learned the alchemical procedure. Now I'm not sure if

      you're actually prevented from making fire resistance potions without

      being marked in that last room first; but I'm sure that's the intention.

You can't use the formula learned without gaining this mark.
You fail every time.

Check out how this is done in the map and in the formulae file.

PeterM