[CF-Devel] Isometric client and server

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed May 23 06:12:13 CDT 2001

Miechael T. wrote:

      I had ported the dx client to David Gervais iso view.

      Yo can see some demo results here.

      They are VERY basic, i only cut 20 tiles from DGs set.

      But the results are stunning.

      I *don't* change anything on the server - only maps

      and clients get changed.

      http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/isodemo1.png

      http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/isodemo2.png

      http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/isodemo3.png

      [...]

      One point are the maps. All TECHNICAL and TRICKY stuff can

      stay unchanged. All changes are more cosmetical or pratical

      kind of nature.

      But it is not possible to simply convert them. This will work,

      but look bad.

      But in all cases, we has to change the background style.

      I will start tomorrow the server again and i will upload the

      modified client, so you can test for yourself.

These iso graphics kick butt!
Not only that they look good and add a realistic 3d-effect,
they offer much more "creative freedom" in size and shape.

I would be interested to know the size of one diamond-shaped
background tile. And how are multipart-images handled?

I will try to help porting/creating images for this set,
as far as my scedule allows.

Andreas V.

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!

     http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

     http://www.gmx.net