[reeve@ductape.net: Re: [CF-Devel] It is time to get rid of xpms and xbms]

Scott Barnes reeve at ductape.net
Wed May 23 09:53:03 CDT 2001

Oops, forgot to send this to the list :)

On Wed, 23 May 2001 10:52:12 Scott Barnes wrote:

On Tue, 22 May 2001 20:54:21 Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Both the standard png set and the alternate png set

      are ready now.

      The xpm set has been merged into the alternate set in

      large part.

      There's no longer any reason to keep these older formats

      around.  They increase the overhead to adding new art

      needlessly.

      PeterM

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Um, I have to disagree, unless the alternate pngs are smaller than the
standard ones.  My laptop only has an 800x600 LCD and the crossfire client
*barely* fits in that with the xpm set (i had to modify the code to allow
resizing just to get it to fit at all) So unless someone creates a png set
that the tiles are the size of the xpm tiles, then I think the xpm tiles
are still needed.  Unless someone wants to write a new client that somehow
fits in 800x600 with the png set :)

--
-- --
Reeve the cat