[CF-Devel] Error Message in DirectX Client

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue May 29 21:57:13 CDT 2001

 I'm guessing the MIDS updated his server.  This in itself is not a bad thing.

 What has changed is that a while ago, MT made some patches to the server to
send skill experience.  They were not put in at that time since we were on the
way to 1.0.

 I recently put them in, but changed how they worked some (to be more consistent
with the rest of the code).

 The end result:
Current unix clients work fine, because I modified them to understand this.
Old unix clients work fine, because they don't request this data.
Old dx clients work fine for the same reason.
current dx client does not work because the data is not in the form expected.

 The change is pretty trivial, so I expect MT will be making a new client
sometime soon that will fix that problem.  I'm not sure if there is any option
to turn off the skill experience feature from getting sent to the DX client.

 Now, the reason it works at low level is that even though it does not
understand the data format, the data it does got can be interperted as other
data which it can understand.  I would guess this would still result in other
stats getting garbled.

Aaron Shinn wrote:

      Upon loading a character from the MIDS server in the DirectX Client for

      windows, an error

      message appeared, reading:

      ERROR MESSAGE (window title)

      modul: commands.c

      func: FIO_close()

      0.msg: "Unknown stat number"

      1.err: 0(0h)

      I tried the linux and old win32 clients and they worked fine. Also, it

      worked upon creating a new character but not loading old ones. I got to

      level 18 before this happened, maybe an update on the server caused it?

      Thanks,

      - Sizor

      http://www.hotmail.com.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com