[CF-Devel] Error Message in DirectX Client

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Tue May 29 22:42:48 CDT 2001

Uh, yes its the skill exp.
I had included the interface in the dx client as
i do the patch.

Because there is some changed now, the client knows that this is
not a unknown command, but he knows too that this is not the right
format, so he excit for secure.

I'll update the client today.
I notice also a small bug in the metaserver text print, some text is
not wrapped there.

Michael

       I'm guessing the MIDS updated his server.  This in itself is not

      a bad thing.

       What has changed is that a while ago, MT made some patches to

      the server to

      send skill experience.  They were not put in at that time since

      we were on the

      way to 1.0.

       I recently put them in, but changed how they worked some (to be

      more consistent

      with the rest of the code).

       The end result:

      Current unix clients work fine, because I modified them to

      understand this.

      Old unix clients work fine, because they don't request this data.

      Old dx clients work fine for the same reason.

      current dx client does not work because the data is not in the

      form expected.

       The change is pretty trivial, so I expect MT will be making a new client

      sometime soon that will fix that problem.  I'm not sure if there

      is any option

      to turn off the skill experience feature from getting sent to the

      DX client.

       Now, the reason it works at low level is that even though it does not

      understand the data format, the data it does got can be

      interperted as other

      data which it can understand.  I would guess this would still

      result in other

      stats getting garbled.

     http://www.hotmail.com.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com