[CF List] Crossfire 1.0.0 released

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon May 14 01:14:09 CDT 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Hooray!

      Congratulations to all, and thanks especially to Mark, who has

      done much of the hard work to make this possible.

 I would like to give my thanks to Peter and the Tanner's, who by having up to
date servers and keeping them up with the latest CVS helped find bugs and
determine when it really was stable

      Before we go back to hacking the game with this and that

      how about spending a week or two evangelizing the game?

      Trying to get it in Linux distributions,

      FreeBSD ports,

      gaming sites, etc?

 I've updated the README (unfortunately, after  the release of 1.0, so you'll
need to get it from CVS.)  IT may be usable as something to send out.

 Note that I still think discussing future features now is relevant - I figure
it will probably take a week or two just to figure out what the future features
may be.  i'll be sending out another message about that.