[CF List] player stuck

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Wed May 23 01:36:32 CDT 2001

Unfortunately it often happens that the mapmaker has left no obvious clues, so the
player will have to ask someone or look at the mapfile. That problem should always
be considered thoroughly when making and accepting new maps, however most of the
old maps are not all so good in that sense...

      Kimmo Hoikka wrote:

      > If it's the burial ground in the mountains, you're supposed to say something.

      > I recall it read in some of the tombstones there, you can check the mapfile

      > (type mapinfo and look the match <keyword> in the mapfile)

       Of course, that is not the proper solution for the player itself.

       Is the problem perhaps that to players, it appears that they are improperly

      trapped (ie, bug) when there is in fact an exit?  Perhaps have a more obvioius

      clue (dead body or the like) that mentions there is a way out, but not what it

      is, so it at least provides some confidence to players that they can get out?

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

Digital Information Architects Inc. Digia Oy
Kimmo Hoikka
Software Architect

     Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com

tel: (direct) +358 (0)424 5050 505