[CF List] Not getting sounds (gtk+ client)

Olle Viksten olle at viksten.com
Thu May 24 23:05:04 CDT 2001

fredagen den 25 maj 2001 03:04 you wrote:

      On Thu, 24 May 2001, cf wrote:

       First - did you download the sound files?

       Second - check audio volume.  I find that I need the crank up the

      volume a bit higher for crossfire sounds to be as audible as some other

      games.

       If you compiled the game yourself, make sure the sound definition

      files match where you have actually installed the sound files

      (this is the sounds* file in the client directory).

       I know sound works with OSS/kernel 2.4 as that is what I use.  Don't

      know about ALSA.

I'm having the same problem, no sound. I'm also using KDE, 2.1 and suspect
the problem is with KDE's sound configuration. But crossfire is very good
even without sound.

Olle Viksten