[CF List] Mirrors vs Sourceforge

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri May 25 22:12:20 CDT 2001

Do we still need the mirrors for the crossfire source?

With sourceforge, we have all(?) that we need, expect maybe redundancy.

I ask this because I was talking to Mark about switching mirrors from ftp to
rsync over ssh. Mostly for security and also for efficiency.

But, he does not have the privs to put up an rsync daemon at his isp, so we
talked about moving the primary ftp to Real Time.

Then I got to thinking that do we need the mirrors?

Comments?

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com