[CF-Devel] World Maps Redux

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Fri Nov 9 09:56:34 CST 2001

On 09-Nov-01 Mark Wedel wrote:

      2) add an outdoor flag to these maps.  Currently, this would not have any

Yay.

      3) Random generation on these maps.  these maps could generate random objects

      -

       I personally think it would be sort of cool to go hunting in the forest

      looking

      for some herb you need for that potion.  The problem is that this really

      won't

      be much of a search - if your playing with a 25x25 map, you'll be able to

      spot

      that special plant from a good distance.  My thoughts on this:

So.. I'd be more inclined to do it differently than you suggested.  Perhaps a
skill such as mining, or herbalist.  A herbalist could go out into the forest,
use his skill, and poof plants appear.  Perhaps this could just be another
effect of wood-lore.  Miners could go out (a pick axe or shovel might grant the
skill) and mine rock, and find chunks of gold or gems.  That way the items
aren't just lying out there for all to find.. you have to go into the forest
and look for them.

      4) Maybe add some partial line of sight blockage, eg, maybe a total of 4 is

Neat.  Perhaps it could work like light dark.  As you look into the trees, it
gets hashed until it's black.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net