[CF-Devel] Suggestion.

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at MailAndNews.com
Sat Nov 17 12:49:46 CST 2001

Just some thoughts about world random-generated maps...

1. I do not see clearly what would be the advantages of random-generated
worldmaps. Of course, this may mean that we'll not have to make the
long-waited larger worldmaps "by hand"; besides this, I do not understand.

2. On the other hand, I do see better random maps generation algorithms as a
major progress - as long as it concerns only the current random maps system.

3. Technical question: do you plan to make a brand new generator subsystem, or
integrate it into the current random_map engine ? I would prefer the second
solution, as it would keep the code cleaner but that's just my opinion of
course.

4. Suggestion: implementing map-generation algorithms in the editor. I think
this could be quite interesting, since it could be of a more general purpose
(if you want to make a new worldmap, start by generating one, and then
customize it as you want).

5. Now for the weather system: good idea, although a decent weather system
would require quite a lot of work and deep thinking before starting coding it
(because of the great number of game parameters it could possibly
need/affect).

Chachkoff Y.

Visit

     http://www.chachkoff.f2s.com