[CF-Devel] Compiler warnings with CVS server.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Oct 6 22:11:51 CDT 2001

 When coding/adding changes, please try and make sure that your changes do not
result in warnings if at all possible - if using gcc, add the -Wall flag.

 While this may be a minor deal, I always use -Wall when doing development work,
and it does tend to find a useful error once in a while.  I do realize of all
the code, that there are some files that still generate warnings, but these are
typically contained to the files that are automaticaly generated (via lex), and
not human created files.  It is unfortunately not easy to fix up the warnings
from the lex files, as it is the code that lex puts in that is actually causing
the warnings.

 The big culprits right now in terms of lots of warning messages are c_chat.c
and script.c.  The warnings are a little harder to 'ignore' for me, as I run a
parellel make, and sometimes the error message that is preventing something from
compiling is getting mixed in with all the warnings.

 Thanks.