[CF-Devel] sdl client

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Thu Oct 11 20:15:55 CDT 2001

I agree with Mich, I love his work on the clients and the ISO set. There is a few problems, firstly not a great deal of work has been done on any area (excepting Tim's work) because we are all alittle worked out I guess. I am working on uni stuff and I know I don't really have enough time to put serious work into crossfire right now. That said it is fair that you. Mich, shouldn't have to do excess work just because others don't have time so i agree with your attitude.

I would be happy to see only one client (particularly one that can sooner or later be ported to MacOS ;). I haven't been able to look at it, mostly because it has been finished when I was not around. I would be happy to see the GTK, DX, CF, java and win clients all dropped as long as the SDL client supports all the basic stuff, and more than one or two people are prepared to work on it.

I agree with this merging but I would also like to see who is happy to work on the SDL client in significant amounts, I would also like to know how many people cannot due to hardware, or software restrictions be able to run the SDL client.

Darth

ps. can someone give me some clear instructions on installing the sdl client? thanks