Too many clients (was Re: [CF-Devel] sdl client)

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Tue Oct 23 02:32:39 CDT 2001

On 23-Oct-01 Mark Wedel wrote:

       I think the Xlib map editor will go away - it is already in the mostly

      unsupported category - the map attributes are no longer modifiable from

      within

      the editor.  I have a feeling as more things are changed, the Xt editor will

      become more and more out of date.

Well.. if it went away.. I'd be pretty unhappy.  I'm not guaranteeing that I'll
keep it up to date.. but if it stays.. I'll try.  (unless someone wants to
write one in GTK)  Basically.. point blank.. Java isn't free.  It's also very
difficult to get a jdk or runtime for certain OS/arches other than
linux/freebsd/i386/Solamis.  I agree the Java one is probably the way to
go..as it's most likely easier for most people to use.  I however.. would be
utterly screwed without the xlib one.  And if I ever tackle some maps.. I guess
I'm going to have to fix what needs to be fixed to do so.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS