[CF List] Gnarg

Kimmo Hoikka Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com
Tue Oct 23 00:50:24 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

     Kimmo Hoikka wrote:

     [...]

     Big size monsters have some weaknesses with spells currently, the

     best example beeing the notorious lorkas the fallen who kills himself

     all the time with his powerfull spells, perhaps thats not the intent,

     rather makes the map a bit too easy sometimes...

     You didn't mention the best point: Lorkas is killing himself

     with attacktypes that he's completely immune to.

     Assuming he's not attacking himself with melee,

     His spells only do fire, cold, poison, magic - to all of which

     Lorkas is 100% resistant.

     This bug has been known for a good while, but nobody could come

     up with a fix yet. I suspect it might be related to this old

     stats-glich in the monster code: When a monster applies any piece

     of equipment, it's stats get replaced by those from the default arch

     or sth. (See below)

     The fact that Lorkas has suicide-tendecies doesn't pose a

     direct leak to balance, as his guardians (Rancid, Vultoor)

     are mean enough. However, I do agree the bug is annoying.

     So one solution for the mapmaker would be to give the resistances not to
the monster but to give it an armour with resistances and then perhaps
make that armour godgift status so that player would not get it if it
gets dropped. Do monsters have any intelligence when applying things, I
mean do they know which armour is better or when they have one and apply
it, do theuy keep it on or randomly apply / unapply it?. If lorkas would
be made can_use_armour 0, would that special value override the original
value? the easiest, but not complete solution was to change lorkas to
1x1 monster, quite nasty son of a bitch in that size :).

One other thing I was interested, is it possible to move playerfiles
from one server to another?

--
Kimmo Hoikka
Software Architect

     Kimmo.Hoikka at Digia.com

Tel. 0424 7777 505 GSM: +358 40 7380747

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may
contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying
it. Digia does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses
occurring to this message. For more information, contact

     info at digia.com