[cf-admin] Admin Questions

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Wed Sep 19 00:45:38 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 02:53:48PM -0400, John Draugr wrote:

           I am new to the crossfire community. I did play a bit many years ago, but now I am attempting to run my own Windows32 server. I have the compiled W32 server running right now, but before I open the game to the public, I am doing some testing, I also may decide to build my own world from scratch.

     You will probably find that it will take lots of time if you have to make a total new world...
Crossfire isnt a MUD. If you create new maps or change the bad ones they will be probably put into the standard mapset. Ofcourse you are free to make your own, but please
make them available for the public.

     Anyhow, I have some questions. First, how do I make myself a GM? I followed the instructions I found and I edited the dm_file. I forgot the exact name, but it was the right file. I put in the following line

      Draugr:password:*

      Yet when I log in and type the command dm, i am told Sorry Pal. What do I have to do to get admin access to my server?

     You do: dm password

then you will be Dungeon Master. To stop beeing DM you type: nodm

     Also, is there any online tools for account management or typical Admin necessary tools?

     There are not many tools... Especially not compared to most MUDS... If something has to be done most admins just edit the playerfiles.
You can try the following DM commands: kick, create, addexp, summon, goto, reset, shutdown (and probably more I dont know)

      I appreciate any help I get. Also, could you please mail me direct at

      Jdraugr at soznet.net

       I just signed up for this list and sometimes I dont get the mails from the actual list. The above questions are very important for me to successfully run my server.

     Good luck with your server, feel free to ask more questions!

Joris Bontje / mids