[CF-Devel] Re: [cf-admin] Problem that Crashes MiDS. Can you also bring MIDS back up?

Joris Bontje jbontje at suespammers.org
Wed Sep 19 00:52:37 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:24:36AM -0500, Don Grey wrote:

      I found a bug that makes MIDS go down for good. I did it last night but

      thought it was a coincidence because 2 or 3 people had joined before it

      crashed.

Please report bugs to

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     , (you don't have
to do it with this email anymore because I reply to crossfire-devel)

      Anyway, anyone who plays on MIDS is used to the constant crashing but it

      comes back up in a minute or so usually.

      WELL, this bug causes it to die and NOT come back up.

     As far as I know this is NOT true, there was no permanent crash according
to my logfiles

      Anyway to reproduce it:

      Stand on a building or near a building and read "Summon Pet Monster"

      scrolls.

      I did it last night and again today. I think it has to be more than 1 for it

      to die.

      Anyway.. When it dies it nevercomes back :(

The corefiles for the last crashes of mids.student.utwente.nl are on:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~crossfire/cores/

      So please bring MiDS up and disable summon pet monster until its fixed!!

     I am not going to disable options to prevent the server from crashing. I
AM going to post a warning on the Fido messageboard that asks people not
to use it. Please don't exploit this bug to gain advantages

Thanks for your bugreport!

Joris Bontje / mids