[CF-Devel] Plea

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Sep 9 00:01:33 CDT 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      > I think merging both sets is a bad idea. They have completely

      > different drawing styles, and mixing them would not be good.

      > [...]

      I don't think the sets should generally be merged completely, but

      I do think there are some images in the alternate set that should

      really be in the main set because they are better than the images

      in the main set. [...]

When I see a picture in the alternate set which seems to fit for
the standard set I usually shift it over. But this happens very rarely
because the different drawing styles and perspectives simply don't mix.
Sometimes I even prefer a rather ugly (xpm-scaled-up) picture over
a picture that is a little bit nicer but in different style/perspective.
That's because the "ugly" picture kinda implies that it is yet to
be redrawn, and sometimes people feel an urge to do so.
The "nicer" picture with wrong style confuses players as they think it
is a legitime part of the set. Besides, it looks a lot worse when put
in between pictures with contrare style.

Andreas V.