[CF-Devel] objects are displayed (/loaded) in wrong order

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 17:53:46 CDT 2001

I've noticed that when I save objects in a certain order to a map
(like one over the other), in some cases it doesn't stay that way.
And I'm not talking about multipart objects here.

For example: Open a map in crossedit and try to put an object
"wall_1_4" ontop of a "wall_2_1_1". You will notice that it is
not possible to do so. When you reload the map or look at the
map in-game the "wall_2_1_1" is always on top - which is wrong.
That kinda screws a lot of maps which used to take advantage of
the "special wall styles" (like wall_1_4).
E.g. look at Lake_country/Mwizard/Mwizard0 on spot x 7, y 7
and you'll find the example from above.

Does anyone know why this happens? Why doesn't Crossfire load
objects in the same order as they are saved, like it used to be?
I think this really should be fixed.

Andreas V.