[CF-Devel] objects are displayed (/loaded) in wrong order

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Sep 11 01:20:49 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Does anyone know why this happens? Why doesn't Crossfire load

      objects in the same order as they are saved, like it used to be?

      I think this really should be fixed.

 I'll fix this up.  It is likely a side effect from when I was working with that
code.  I'll first have to verify that it is in fact a stacking problem and not
display problem (the internal stacking may be correct, but the code that
determines what the object looks like may not be doing the right thing).

 The stacking of objects and how the space appears is only slightly related now
(Before, that was the main consideration).  There is now some sorting that goes
on, such that flying objects are now above other objects in the stacking - this
lets the processing of spell objects be done more efficiently.