[CF-Devel] A brief introduction, and some thoughts

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sun Sep 30 10:56:47 CDT 2001

On 30-Sep-01 Andreas Vogl wrote:

      o Seperating skills into a tree-like structure

      o Splitting physical attacktype into different subtypes

      o Creating a guild system to use tree-like skills

      o Reworking the karate-type skills to have new features.

      o Redoing the object structure to have tree-like structure with

        type/subtype/subsubtype

Well.. basically.. the karate thing was just some random idea I threw out
there.  I really don't have much intention of mangling that.  What I had
planned:

1)  Rework the object structure.  I'm not convinced I can do anything with
skills unless the objects are appropriately keyed.

2) Splitting the physical attacktype.  I'm not sure how I want to proceed with
this, like I said, the attacktype bitfield is almost full.  It is however,
something that can be put off somewhat, as it could be slowly reworked into the
monsters as time allows.  (currently all monsters are treated equally wrt to
weapon type, so.. we would just be continuing that until we fixed them up)

3) Separating skills to do the weapon stuff.  There are other discussions going
on about spells and whatnot, and thats fine.. but I'm offering to do the
weapon skills.

Basically.. 3 is my goal, but it looks like I'm going to have to do 1 and 2 to
get there. 1 looks like the worst.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net