[CF-Devel] seperating skills (was RE: brief introduction)

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sun Sep 30 10:59:31 CDT 2001

On 30-Sep-01 Yann Chachkoff wrote:

      3) I've heard several times that splitting skills could prevent the players

      get experience too fast. Of course, if you add more rules, you prevent

      abuses.

      But is the "too-fast-XP" problem a rules problem or a gaming environment

      problem ? Don't you think that players get experience too fast because they

      get powerful items too easily, because they get too many experience when

      bashing cyclops, because many quests are simply too easy to finish ?

I don't really think it will do that.  I think the only thing I said WRT that,
was that if we had 50 skills rather than 20, it might mean you couldn't be
level 100 in all of them anymore, due to experience caps.  I think it might
make certain aspects of the game more challenging, but I doubt it would
seriously slow down exp gain.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net