[CF-Devel] Corrupt archives?

Debian User mgzachar at stonline.sk
Sat Apr 13 11:55:14 CDT 2002

Reporting possible corruption of crossfire-1.0.0-maps.tar.bz2  2994Kb
				 crossfire-1.0.0-maps.tar.gz  4326Kb

Today I have downloaded above files as well as other sources of crossfire.
For the
Atempt of extracting them failed. Download was from ftp.ifi.uio.no.  Since
first one was corrupt I'we tried the other but bouth seem to be defective.

Repeated download from different site (ftp.real-time.com) produced the same
result.

Problem is in bouth of them in compresion which seem's strange as different
compressors were used.

Could You please check on it and let me know if problem is some where on my
side?

I even downloaded latest versions of bzip and gzip, compiled them and tried
these two archives with then with same result. If the problem is in files
themself's then all the copies on Interner are faulty.

Rest of sources extracted and compiled without problems.

mgz:/usr/local/src$ bzip2 --version

bzip2, a block-sorting file compressor.  Version 1.0.2, 30-Dec-2001.

mgz:/usr/local/src$ bunzip2 -tvv crossfire-1.0.0-maps.tar.bz2
  crossfire-1.0.0-maps.tar.bz2:
    [1: huff+mtf data integrity (CRC) error in data

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

Regards Michael  (

     mgzachar at stonline.sk

     )