[CF-Devel] Compiling crossfire under win32

phil phil at micronetix.com
Sat Apr 20 21:48:29 CDT 2002

I'm compiling crossfire in Visual C++ right now.  I've encountered several problems.

----

In config.h line 531-535:
/*
#ifndef WIN32	/* ***win32 disable watchdog as win32 default */
#define WATCHDOG
#endif
*/

Visual C++ doesn't like nested comments.  Not sure why this is commented out in the first place, doesn't make sense.  I removed the comments, and that fixed the problem.

----

In c_onject.c line 619-620:

};
#endif
#endif

should be

#endif
};
#endif

Otherwise, the brackets get messed up.  This isn't just a win32 problem.

----

I had to add image.c and weather.c to the project.

----

In weather.c, line 84 is:
    long long int tmp;
I had to change it to:
    long int tmp;
----

Given all that, I got crossfire to compile from today's CVS.  I tried to get a diff, but the CVS server isn't responding.

-Philip