[CF-Devel] Increased object information idea.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Apr 22 23:20:54 CDT 2002

  I'm thinking that if a player examines an _identified_ item, that perhaps some
additional information that is not currently included should be.

  This would be things like the sp regeneration penalty, spell encumbrance, max
speed allowed by armor, and base weapon speed.

  Some of these are very easy to figure out (apply armor or weapon and you know
the speeds they give).  The sp regen penalty is much trickier - you can sort of
empirically find it out through a bit of work.

  My thought here is to make it a little easier to evaluate what really is good
armor vs what is bad armor if your a spellcaster.  This will probably also make
it easier for new players (if the equipment since spell regen penalty 5, that
may be some clue why it takes so long to get sp back).

  The argument against this would be that not knowing the exact values is part
of the game.  And there can certainly be some truth behind that opinion.