[CF-Devel] Increased object information idea.

Henric Karlsson henric at lysator.liu.se
Tue Apr 23 05:16:28 CDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Mark Wedel wrote:

        I'm thinking that if a player examines an _identified_ item, that perhaps some

      additional information that is not currently included should be.

        This would be things like the sp regeneration penalty, spell encumbrance, max

      speed allowed by armor, and base weapon speed.

        Some of these are very easy to figure out (apply armor or weapon and you know

      the speeds they give).  The sp regen penalty is much trickier - you can sort of

      empirically find it out through a bit of work.

        My thought here is to make it a little easier to evaluate what really is good

      armor vs what is bad armor if your a spellcaster.  This will probably also make

      it easier for new players (if the equipment since spell regen penalty 5, that

      may be some clue why it takes so long to get sp back).

        The argument against this would be that not knowing the exact values is part

      of the game.  And there can certainly be some truth behind that opinion.

I think this might be a good idea as well. It's always nice to be able to
get the info in-game instead of looking at spoilers or code. But I think
it should be fairly hard to get the info. How about introducing an other
*identify* scroll, only available as scroll, that shows more info than the
normal identify scroll/spell. This ofcourse implies that every object
keeps track of, if it has been identified or *identified*.

/Henric (aka Gambold)