[CF-Devel] Compiling crossfire 1.1.0 on HPUX

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Wed Apr 24 10:11:40 CDT 2002

       Unfortunately, my linux distribution doesn't appear to have any man pages

     on

     the dl routes.  My first thought would be to just try commenting it out, and

     see

     what happens.  Taking a quick look at the plugin_python.c file, I don't see

     any

     direct references to the dl routines.

<snip>
The dl functions are used to load the plugins libraries. Those are compiled as
shared libs under unix systems, and are DLLs under Windows.
The dl functions are used inside initOnePlugin() to load the library and get
pointer references to the various plugin functions.
A different code is used for Win32 systems, since the DLL handling uses very
different functions.
dl functions are not used on HPUX, but a very close mechanism is used so
porting shouldn't be too difficult.

Visit

     http://www.selentine.dyndns.org

      for a