[CF-Devel] Archetype reversion of modified monsters

Johnny Shelley jshelley at cahaus.com
Mon Apr 29 17:12:03 CDT 2002

I seem to have found a problem with modified monsters reverting to the
default resistances of their archetype. In addition, a few other things
change as well. I'm not sure, but this seems to be limited to color
spray. After taking damage from it monsters sometimes change
resistances.

The easiest way to replicate this seems to be to use a default
archetype, give it a few immunities and a ton of hp so color spray won't
kill it flat out. Dump the object to check the resistances (this also
seems a bit funny, I often have to fiddle w/ resistances a bit before I
find a combination that will actually modify from the default
archetype). Zap the monster a few times with color spray until it
causes damage, then dump it again and check the resistances. This step
may have to be repeated a few times.

johnny

PGP Public Key available from:

     http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x17BF1DD3